TeleFinder/User is the application that connects your PC to a TeleFinder bulletin board system (BBS). TeleFinder/User requires a PC running Windows 95/98/NT. Windows 3.1 is supported by TeleFInder/User for Windows 3.1 and earlier.
Through the TeleFinder/User-BBS interface, you can find business services, customer support, as well as "friendly chat." A BBS can also serve as a conference forum, provide electronic mail service, and store files to be transferred. The individual or company operating the BBS (the sysop) determines which services to offer its callers. The Sysop also decides whether the BBS will be open to public use, or kept for private use.
The purpose of this manual is to help you to get up and running as quickly as possible. The following steps outline the procedures for installing and configuring TeleFinder/User.
The following sections describe the software installation and various features of the program.
- Installation and Setup - Get up and running as quickly as possible.
- Changing your Password - Change your BBS logon password.
- Session Time - Display useful information about your connection to the BBS.
- Disconnecting from the BBS - How to logoff when you are done using the BBS.
Email and Topics
- Using Email - How to communicate and send files to other users of the BBS and the Internet.
- Using Message Topics How to view and participate in online discussions.
File Transfer and Information
- File Transfer - TeleFinder supports recovery of broken transfers and drag and drop batch transfer.
- Using File Information - Get detailed information about specific files.
- Using BBS Find File - Search selected parts of the BBS for files.
- Using "By Thumbnail" View - Browse files with textual descriptions and preview pictures.
- Using Multi-User Chat - Chat with other users in chat rooms.
- List of Users On-line - A listing of the currently connected users.
- Chatting with the Sysop - Private chat with the BBS operator.
Personal Web Sites
- Web Space The "Web Space" folder is where you can publish HTML pages.
- Using the Pub Folder - Setup a user profile and mail forwarding.
- Viewing Graphics - View graphics while online or offline.
- Folder Access Privileges - How access privileges affect your capabilities online.
- Message Signature - Use the "Signature" command to create sig file for your email.